Monday, July 29, 2013

Denim Vest Part Deux

Meet Cosmos. He is a beloved black bear who belongs to my 10-year-old son.

He was named after this freaky area in South Dakota that has a strange phenomenal magnetic 'force.' We visited this 'x-file-ish' place while we were on vacation. Cosmos became a member of the family when my son fell in love with him at the Cosmos gift shop.

If you ever get to South Dakota, check out the Cosmos. It is a weird and very interesting place. Cosmos the bear, however, didn't make it home exactly all together. It seems he had an abdominal injury. So my son asked me to admit him into the hospital for emergency surgery.
The hospital being my sewing area.




But before Cosmos could be admitted into surgery, there was another project on the agenda. The other denim vest I cut up when I made the first one. This one was already cut up and washed, the frayed edges already perfected. All that it needed was a little decoration. So I whipped out some black faux leather trim with silver studs, part of the Project Runway line of trims. I put a band around the waist and then added two strips to the shoulder.

Finished project looked something like this.

And there is a happy ending for Cosmos the bear. I am happy to report that Cosmos is all stitched up and receiving numerous daily hugs from a very happy 10 year-old boy. Both projects were done within an hour. Multitasking at its very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment