Thursday, March 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday-Vintage Maxi Dress

For my throwback Thursday, I dug out a gem of a vintage find I came upon a few months ago. It is a total Carol Brady late 60's/early 70's maxi dress.


The colors are absolutely gorgeous and the skirt is awesome. I am not so sure about the top part and I am not so sure I want to go full Carol Brady on this one. The brand is Butterfield 8, a popular brand of dresses in that era.




The front features buttons from the neckline through most of the skirt. There is a drawstring waist. I love the bottom portion and think it would make a great maxi skirt for spring/summer. I have a plan formulating in my head, but I am just not ready to take the plunge and cut away yet.

Give me a week and I will have a new piece for spring! If spring ever gets to North Dakota….

Enjoy the spring colors and thrift for your new seasonal wardrobe! Happy thrifting from your still shivering buddy in the north.

No comments:

Post a Comment