Thursday, October 3, 2013

KISS-ing It!

Sometimes you gotta follow the KISS rule-keep it simple, stupid! Some of the coolest, easiest re-styles can be done without even using a sewing machine.

I recently had a 50% coupon for JoAnn Fabrics. All the fabrics I wanted were on sale, so I couldn't use my coupon on them. And one does not waist a 50% coupon! I headed to the trim aisle to find the next best thing. I found this funky, chain link type of trim. It was costly at almost 8 bucks a yard. But I just loved how unique it was and went home with two and a half yards courtesy of my coupon. By the time I had reached home, I knew what I was going to use it on.


I had a pair of ankle zip crop jeans I found on a clearance rack for  $5. I am old enough to remember when ankle zip jeans were cool over 20 years ago. So I was quite pleased when I saw they were making a comeback. I decided to use the trim to go down the sides of each leg, ending just above the zipper.


I did not want to nor did I think it would be possible to stitch the trim to the jeans. So I broke out the next best option-Fabric Fusion glue. This glue is great for adding details to clothes as it is machine washable and even dry-cleanable. And it sticks very well. 


I glued the trim to the sides of the jeans. I did one leg, one night at a time so it could dry adequately. The end result was so cool.

I think these jeans will look great tucked into boots for the fall and winter. And it was so simple to do.

Another recent non-sewing project involved a skirt re-style for Second Impressions. The skirt was missing one button and a very blah looking button at that. I removed the remaining buttons and dug through my stash to find some very cool, silver square buttons. On the side of the skirt where the smaller buttons were on the pockets, I added two round silver buttons. The entire look of the skirt was transformed.


This skirt can be found and purchased at Second Impressions thrift store. The jeans will be found sticking out of my favorite black boots all season long.

Remember-when in doubt, KISS it!
Kiss it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment