Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thriller of a Jacket Re-Style

The leaves are turning color, the wind is getting cooler and the temps are getting down there. Fall is here and thicker jackets are a must. Bring out the leather baby! All through the magazines I see leather jackets for fall. Biker jackets, suede jackets, sherpa jackets, all sorts of jackets. And red seems to be the ULTIMATE color for fall jackets.

This vintage red leather jacket from Second Impressions screamed Michael Jackson. In it's day, it was quite the hot coat to wear. It still has a degree of coolness but it is begging for a re-style.



The body of the jacket is in great shape. The sleeves, not so much. I didn't want to rip apart the main part of the jacket, so I simply removed the sleeves with a seam ripper. I have said it before and I will say it again; a seam ripper can be a girl's best friend.

The jacket was still cool without the sleeves, but I thought it too needed a friend. So I matched it up with a cool denim jacket.

Using a scissor, I cut the sleeves off of the denim jacket and sewed them to the leather jacket. The jacket that looked like it stepped out of a Michael Jackson video now had a modern twist and could easily be worn with a drapey top, skinny jeans and boots. The boots are an always must. 




I couldn't just leave behind the denim jacket. Tomorrow I will show you what I did with the denim scraps.

This funky, red re-do can be found at Second Impressions Thrift Store and is now available for purchase.

Beat it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment